Sunday, July 18, 2010

25 Reasons of why I follow Jesus. Please feel free to comment and ask questions.

This list is in no particular order. It is possible that, when time permits, I will expand on my reasons for following Jesus, individually. Until then, I hope that this list will present some food for thought to those who are wondering why they should follow Jesus. Please feel free to comment and ask questions. I will do my best to answer all comments and questions. God bless you!

1) He saved me from a sinful life.
2) He gives me joy.
3) He gives me hope.
4) He provides me with all that I need.
5) He died for me.
6) He is alive and in heaven.
7) He helps me to overcome sin and sin has no dominion over me.
8) He changes lives.
9) He fills me with the Holy Spirit.
10) He called me to follow Him.
11) He keeps me loving my wife, when the world says it's alright not to.
12) He gives me the correct moral view of sin, instead of sin being relevant, and He keeps me on that path.
13) He gives peace to my soul.
14) He takes all of my worries away.
15) He gives me assurance that I am going to heaven when I die.
16) He empowers me to love my neighbors.
17) He has forgiven ALL of my sins.
18) He strengthens me to be the husband and father that I now am.
19) He is the only way to heaven.
20) He has given me truth.
21) He has taken away my feelings of guilt.
22) Through Him I have been adopted into the family of God.
23) Through Him I belong to a community of people who also follow Jesus and have been adopted into the family of God.
24) He gives me an understanding as to the condition of the world.
25) He took away my fear of death.

So there you have it. 25 reasons why I follow Jesus Christ. I made it a personal goal of mine to come up with 25 reasons because of a book I recently read. In this book the author said that he gives his students the task of coming up with 25 reasons why someone should follow Jesus Christ; they always come up with 15, but have a hard time making it to 25. I realized that I could come up with more, but I'll save them for another blog post in the future. I feel that I need to mention that this has been a humbling experience. Thank you, Jesus, for all of the reasons above that you have given me, and more!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment